Monday, June 2, 2008

Mini-meltdown at the RE’s

This morning I had my appointment at the RE’s to check to see if my estrogen level is low enough to start.

Nurse Betty came and took me back to the room. As I sat on the examining table, she said that I looked scared, which made me begin to tear up. I said I was concerned about the narrow window to do the transfer. Then Dr. Slick (I consider him to be the salesman of the center) comes in to do my ultrasound. Dr. Opie has always done my ultrasounds, so that freaks me out just a bit (the fewer who see my cookie the better!).

So I lay back, he sticks the lovewand up inside, and says the lining looks great. It’s at about six (I think that is what he said), which was down from the 15 on Friday. Then he takes a look at the right ovary, nice and quiet, then the left ovary - OWWWWWWWW! Dang that left ovary and it’s hiding. But it is quiet too. Dr. Slick apologized for it hurting me.

I sit up, we get to talking. He asks if I have any questions. I ask if he realistically thinks we’ll be a go this time. He says he sees no reason not to be. Nurse Betty then reminds him that I was cancelled last time. I asked about the window, and I get all teary again. He’s like it’s okay to cry to get the anxiety all out. He said that if I’m okay with a five day transfer than I should be okay with a two day transfer, or three day or four day. There really aren’t any restrictions on that and so we should be able to make the window for the transfer with no problem. Which is reassuring, assuming that I respond this time to the meds.

I rescheduled tomorrow’s lab only appointment for Wednesday, and my Thursday appointment is now on Friday. I’m supposed to be in Snowmass on Friday. This means that Hubby will have to go up on Thursday, and I can either come up Friday after the appointment, or just stay home. It doesn’t seem financially feasible for both of us to take our cars on a five to six hour trip, one way. Also, I’ll either have to figure out how to give myself the repronex shot or find someone else to do it.

Hubby and I will have to talk when I go home for lunch today. We have got to figure out what we’re going to do. Personally I want him to go to the cook off, even if I can’t. But with gas at over $4.00 a gallon now, that’s quite the additional expense we weren’t counting on.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I told the doctor and nurse that I always get the call with the bad news from Battle Axe and the good news comes from Nurse Betty. They laughed and said they’d have to change that up. Me and my big mouth, now I’m not going to know what to expect when I first hear the nurse’s voice.

On a side note that I just thought of, I wonder what the doctors think when they are doing an ultrasound on a woman who is menstruating. Are they thinking that they earned their “red wings” a long time ago and don’t need this crap?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...