Friday, April 18, 2008

One week of lupron shots

I just realized tonight when I was looking in my Sharps container that I have now given myself seven lupron shots! They really haven't been too bad. Besides a few headaches, a couple of hot flashes, and maybe a bit of snarkiness yesterday, I really haven't experienced bad side effects. While I did have an extremely bad case of gas pains yesterday (sorry for the TMI) I don't think it was due to the lupron.

Hubby and I are starting to feel better. He never did hear from our IVF nurse today. I guess we'll just talk with her Monday when we go in for our next appointment. I'm thinking if it would have been bad news, they would have called us, at least that's what I hope.

On the good news front, I got confirmation today from my insurance company that they are approving the IVF w/ ICSI. I really wasn't worried about it not being approved, I was more concerned that the doctor's office might not get the pre-approval completed in time. We all know how they operate sometimes - S - L - O - W - L - Y ! Now I can go online and look again at how much they allow for the different procedures so I can get an idea of how much of my $10,000 lifetime maximum ART benefit I'll be using on our first IVF. From what I understand, the blood work and ultrasounds are not applied to the ART benefit. They are just my regular medical benefit. I told Hubby tonight that we should have enough leftover benefit that if we need IVF for child #2, we'll be okay.

Tomorrow I'll be going up to Denver (again), but this time to meet my fellow ColoBloggers. Since I'm a brand new blogger, I'm not sure what we'll discuss, besides our experiences with IVF and infertility.

Okay, I've been on this computer enough today! I'm going to grab Nancy's phone number (the lady I'm carpooling with up to Denver tomorrow), and I'm going to watch Juno with Hubby. He forgot I had watched it at the theater, so I'm going to make him watch it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...