Monday, July 19, 2010

Potpourri

It's been a while since I've talked much about anything IF related. Since we are taking a break in order for me to lose weight, we are not actively going through any IF treatments, so therefore I've not had a lot to say about it. However, I have a few things to share that have happened recently.

As you all know, Hubby and I recently purchased a travel trailer. It was something that we've wanted for a while now, but put on hold due to fertility treatments. We finally decided that we must still live a full life. And that putting some money into a "toy" would be worth it.

A couple from church, who have three children and are struggling a bit financially until she is finished with her student teaching and becomes a full-fledged teacher, commented about a camping trip they were taking this weekend. She said that they would be staying in a tent, but only going overnight, since they didn't have a "new fancy trailer to stay in." I wanted to tell her that I'd trade having children for a travel trailer any day, but I didn't.

However, Hubby did say something to his cousin who made an off-hand remark about trading their daughter for our trailer. Hubby said we'd do it in a heartbeat. Later, the cousin, his wife, and another couple came over that night for dinner and games. The cousin and wife brought their one year old with them. She is a great little girl. We both love her and are so thankful that she has blessed our cousins. Little "S" was being a typical little one year old in not wanting to go to sleep that evening. After finally getting her to go to sleep, the wife asks Hubby, "Are you sure you want kids?" and he said most definitely!

Our desire for children hasn't lessened any at all. Although we may not be making the big deal out of it that we were while going through treatment, we still want children. However, we are really putting our faith in God right now to provide for us. Either to provide us with a natural pregnancy or provide us with the funding to pursue donor options. And, if it doesn't happen, to provide us with the peace of accepting our situation.

~*~*~*~*~

I got to thinking that it has been a while since I've gone in for an adjustment. Ten weeks, to be exact. In that time, I have lost an average of a pound per week. I am having issues still with eating between meals, eating more than I think I should at meal time, and with my sweet tooth. Plus, I know that if I weren't exercising, I'd not be losing anything, as demonstrated this last week where I actually gained.

I called and am scheduled for an adjustment in two weeks, as the doctor is out next week and he sees his Lap Band patients on Mondays.

Gilly had a post today about her restriction level that has me thinking too. I am able to eat just about anything. The one thing I haven't really allowed myself to have is pizza crust, except for the cracker crust you get at Papa Murphy's. I can eat pasta, rice, bread (although I don't eat very much bread), meat (including steak, ground beef, chicken, ham, pork chops, etc.), reheated meats, salad, raw veggies, even popcorn. I don't PB and I don't slime. I am blessed that I haven't had any problems with my band (I don't consider my GB surgery and resulting prancreatitis band problems).

So while I've had good weight loss in the last ten weeks, I think it's been more because of my efforts at exercise than totally my band. I'd really like to get it to where it is both. That if I don't exercise, I'm still losing, but if I do exercise, I lose even more. Does that make sense?

~*~*~*~*~

Today I went home for lunch. I was planning on eating a Lean Cuisine type of meal, but decided on the way home that I'd stop off at Wendy's and get the Mandarin Orange Chicken salad. During the drive, I heard on the radio an ad for these new salads and didn't realize that they were at Wendy's until afterwards when they were talking about Frosties. So I pulled in and ordered one of their new Pecan Apple Chicken Salads. Oh. My. Goodness! It was yummy! Roasted pecans. Diced fresh apples. Dried cranberries. Bleu cheese crumbles. Grilled chicken. Mixed greens. Pomegranate vinaigrette. Delish as Rachel Ray would say. And I couldn't eat it all, so I'll have some to eat tonight. Now I haven't looked up the calorie count, but most of the fat will come from the cheese and pecans, and to me, it totally is worth it. You should go by and try one. They have four new salads, and each one of them looked very yummy.

~*~*~*~*~

If the weather cooperates tomorrow and is only in the upper 90s, then I'm going to wear my new black boots, new capris and new top to work. I then have Bunco tomorrow night and think it would be a great outfit to wear. Maybe more of the ladies will notice my weight loss as some of them haven't said anything, although I'm surely not looking for compliments! Yeah right, I want lots of compliments! lol

~*~*~*~*~

Normally, I don't make too much out of how many followers I have, as I know from personal experience, there are quite a few blogs that I read through my Google Reader that I haven't clicked follow, and I'm sure that's the same for my blog with many of you. However, as of today, I have 69 followers. Hehe. 69.

So thanks to all of you who are following me! I'm trying to make sure I follow you too, so if you don't see me on your list of followers, and want me to be there, leave me a comment with your blog addy and I'll be sure to click through. Otherwise I may just add you to my reader and be an invisible stalker.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...