Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sweet 16

No, I didn't just have my 16th birthday (um, time machine anyone? lol). I was able to fit into size 16W bottoms! I swung by the Dress Barn this morning and picked up a pair of blue jeans, black slacks for work, black capris, black skirt, and two pairs of denim shorts, all size 16W. I also bought a new top, size 1XL (with my girls and muffin top it will be a while before I'm able to fit into a regular XL or even large).

Holy crap!

Do you know how long it has been since I've fit into a size 16W? I barely could fit into them back when I was doing TOPS in/around '94. And only for a very short time. And what is really weird is that I was in the 180s back then (about 186 was my lowest), and I could fit into a size 16 pair of Rocky jeans, if I sucked in my gut and didn't breathe. Makes me think perhaps the sizing is a lot different now than it was then. What do you ladies think?

Here are photos of the skirt and new top I bought. I took this while trying them on, so sorry for the poor quality. Isn't the top just too cute? I love the asymmetrical look.




What is really great is that I can wear my new knee high boots with the capris pants. Of course, I need to wait until we get back down into the 90s before I wear them as I just don't think it's a good choice for 100+ degree weather. If I wanted to hem the above skirt a bit so it falls right above my knees I could wear it too with my boots, but as it is now, it is just not the right length for my boots.

When I was in the fitting room, I started laughing out loud, I was so happy I could fit into the 16s. I consider this to be a huge NSV!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...