Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cravings, Stuck, Fill, Y

This last week or so, I've been craving chocolate and peanut butter (no, I'm not pregnant). Twice last week in the evening I made a shake using powdered milk, milk, ice, chocolate syrup (the first time) or Carnation instant breakfast mix (the second time), and peanut butter. I'd drink it after dinner and I would share with hubby.

Then on Sunday, I again was craving chocolate and peanut butter, so when I went into the kitchen, I looked on top of the fridge, saw a box of corn flakes that I had used to make some cookies with last month, and decided to make the cookies again.

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
3 Tbs cocoa powder
1 cup peanut butter
8 cups (or so) of corn flakes

Mix cocoa powder and sugar in medium sauce pan, add corn syrup. Over medium high heat, bring to boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat, add peanut butter, stirring until mixed in. Pour over corn flakes in large bowl, mix well. Turn out into 9x13 baking pan, pat down, then let cool. Cut into 2x2 inch square pieces.

After making this, of course there is some of the mixture stuck to the wooden spoon, so I eat it, not really chewing all that well. Then I see some of the syrup/pb mixture left in the sauce pan, so I scoop it out and eat it, again, not eating it slowly.

I decide I'll just let the cookies cool a bit so I grab my book and go outside to read. Not even five or 10 minutes later, I'm feeling the pain in my back. I can't even sit still for it. I get up, go drink some water, thinking that will help. It doesn't. Then I go lay down for a while. Nope, doesn't help. I google gall bladder pain, nope, not that. Go back and lay down some more. I think it took about two hours before the pain finally subsided.

After the last time I got stuck, the surgeon's office manager said to do liquids as my tummy was probably swollen. Instead of eating dinner, what did I do? Made another shake, this time using both the chocolate syrup and the Carnation instant breakfast mix. Drank about half. Then around 8:30 my head was telling me that I had to eat something, I just can't survive on a shake only. Then I heat up the leftover chicken enchilada that I had for lunch. Ate about 1/3 of the enchilada and start feeling the pain again. My God, what does it take for me to learn a freakin' lesson???

Yesterday I decided that I would only do liquids, at least for breakfast and lunch. I drank for breakfast the second half of the shake I made Sunday evening, then had yogurt and string cheese for lunch. Then I went for a scheduled fill. I didn't tell him about my stuck episode because I didn't want him to not give me a fill. According to their scales, I've lost four pounds from three weeks ago. I told him that my scales had me gaining 0.4 pounds since last week. I told him how I'd been snacking in the evenings and how I seem to be able to eat more. He finally gave me 0.4 ccs.

Afterwards, I went to the YMCA and joined! I didn't work out last night as I didn't have any workout clothes that fit, they're all too big! Hubby and I went to Kmart and bought some t-shirts and Capri-length workout pants. Not sure what they're actually called. Then I went home and tried on my swimsuits. I did find one that still fits, although I'm not sure how long it will, since the bottoms are slightly loose. I will wear a t-shirt with it as I just don't want to be popping out of it during water aerobics and give some poor old man a heart attack!

The Y offers water aerobics and zumba on Monday and Wednesday evenings at the same time, so I'll do the water aerobics on those evenings, then zumba on Saturday mornings. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try zumba for at least three weeks, as I have a function at our church this Saturday morning, and then the March of Dimes walk is the following Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to it though.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...