Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Talking about prophets

Hubby and I have been talking the last few days. Sometimes for long periods of time, other times for just a few minutes. But each of the talks brings up information that we need to discuss, or things to consider, or just reaffirmation of our love for each other.

His dad (pastor of our old church) told him yesterday about a prophet that will be in town today through Friday at a local church. He said we might want to consider going and listening to him. Hubby told me about this last night after we got back from dinner with his folks. I asked him if he thought I should take whatever this prophet says as the gospel truth and follow what he says. We got into a long debate over it, and continued it today at lunch.

Our old church brought in an evangelist a couple of times. I was there the first time he came, and couldn't wait to leave. He was loud, obnoxious, and loud. I can't stand to be screamed at! Made me wish I had a hearing aid that I could turn down. But apparently, he gave messages to quite a few people at church, several of whom actually followed what he said.

Our old church, and the one that took it over, both were real big into being slain in the spirit. I do think that people can be slain in the spirit, but I also think that there are a LOT of fakes falling down at the altar, all for show, so that they can be in the "in" crowd. The new church we are going to is quiet and while they welcome people to the alter to pray, there is no falling over. (Just a bit of background, I grew up as a Baptist, so this Pentecostal stuff is alien to me, although I've been going to my hubby's church for about five years.)

Anyway, back to the prophet, apparently this gentleman will be in town and my FIL thinks we should attend, to help give us direction as to where we should head from here. My first instinct is to run, run far, far away. But I have to remember that I am not the only one in this quest to have a child. My husband does put some stock into these people. He told me if I were to go, I would have to go in with an open mind. I have to admit, that is going to be hard for me to do, as you can tell, I'm just a tad bit skeptical.

I will go and listen to him. I will even go up with Hubby to the altar and see if the prophet says anything to us. However, if he says something along the lines of our quest for children being over, I will not allow that to stop me from continuing forth with my journey. I can't give up control over something that I still feel I have some control over. I may not be able to control whether my ovaries will produce eggs, but I can still pursue other options to become a Mom. And that, my friends, is my ultimate goal.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...