This afternoon I had my annual wellness exam with my OB/GYN. As I'm paying my copay, I hear the other receptionist tell the person on the phone that Dr. B (my doc) doesn't do OB anymore, that she'd have to see one of their other doctors. WTF, Toast??? This OB came highly recommended to me, that is why I chose him. Now he isn't going to be an OB anymore? Sniff.
I go back, pee in the cup, tell the nurse that if it comes back that I'm pregnant, I'll give her $10. She laughs then asks me for my list of meds. So I go into detail of my current meds, the stuff I just finished taking, and she asks, so how's that going. I get into what we've been doing and such. Then she takes my blood pressure. 155/95! Eek! I told her that it is never that high, I am very normal with my b/p. She says we'll take it again after my appointment.
She takes me into the room, gives me a top gown and a sheet. I ask her if it's going to fit me this time, she says yeah. Um yeah, no. Why even bother with a freakin' top??? So I'm sitting there on the table waiting for Dr. B to come in with this top on, the sheet pulled up to cover my exposed breastesses. In he comes, asks me how I'm doing, and I tell him everything. Of course with him, I start to cry. So we sit there (I sit there he stands there) for about 10 minutes discussing everything, with me telling him that I don't think that Dr. Slick is really giving us a chance to get some of my own eggs. He tells me that there are a couple of highly respected REs in Denver that I can see. In fact, several of the ColoBloggers see them. Dr. S and Dr. S at CCRM (at least, that's where I think these two docs practice). He says that it won't hurt his or Dr. Slick's feelings if I want to get a second opinion. This gives me something to think about.
He then proceeds with my exam. Breathe deep. Feel my throat. Squeeze my breastesses. Okay, scootch down for my pap smear. Oh sh*t! I've been sitting there so long and it was so warm in that office that my butt has stuck to the paper cover. I feel it tear off the rest of the paper and stick to my buttocks and thighs. I laughingly cringe and tell him the paper is stuck to me. I'm sure he is laughing his ass of at me silently. He proceeds to do my pap, then fingers my insides (well, you know, examine my insides). I ask him about the crampy feeling I've been having this afternoon, and he says that I'll probably feel like that for a few days as the stimulants are still in my system and my ovaries will respond to them. Hmmmm.
On the way out (by the way, the paper will not come off my butt! ) I go and get my b/p taken again, and it's lower. Whew.
Hubby and I go for ice cream, because of course that will make me feel better. I tell him about my appointment and he sympathizes and agrees that we should think about a second opinion. Then he laughs his butt off when I tell him about the paper. He laughs even more when I say it's still stuck on my butt.
I then go to Target to pick up a few things we need for the house. I just walk into the store, grab my cart, when I see a baby tumble out of a shopping cart about 40-50 feet in front of me, landing on her head! The dad scoops her up, says I'm sorry, and the baby wails. My first reaction was anger to the parents for not having her secured in that cart! I then say a quick prayer asking for God to bless her and to heal her (as I'm sure she's got some sort of injuries). I make my way around after they've left and ask the sales associate who was first to get there how the baby was. She said that they were taking her to the ER to have her checked out. I asked what had happened and she said the dad said she had wiggled out of the shopping cart's belt. Okay, this child should have been in a car seat in the first place! I feel so bad for that little girl. And then I think to myself would I have let that happen? Hmmmm.
Even though I thought I was having a bad afternoon, seeing that child tumble out of the cart onto her head put it all in perspective to me. Her afternoon was much, much worse. Poor thing.