This morning I started making the phone calls. First to my acupuncturist to cancel the rest of my appointments. Then to my dentist to try to get my original appointment back that I had cancelled because it was on the day of my scheduled embryo transfer. Then for work to confirm a lunch with a client that I originally was going to be out that day on bed rest. I had to go into my work calendar and remove all my RE appointments, my ER and ET appointments and bed rest days.
“J” at Dr. Poke-a-me’s office was so nice. When I told her I’d be cancelling everything because I had old eggs, she was very sympathetic. She said she hopes that I can find another reason to come back in and see them. I’m going to take them Starbucks later this week once I find out what everyone likes. Dr. Poke-a-me is in the other office today, and “S” is out today as her mom fell in the shower and she’s tending to her.
For some reason, this seems so final. I’m not giving up by any means, but I have this feeling of finality that I just can’t shake.