Woke up this morning, thanks to Sugar whining to go outside, and lo and behold, AF finally showed up. Woohoo! It's about time. But, I think this is really her, not a fake AF, as the doctor thinks happened last month.
The shots are going well. My first lupron shot of the cycle stung and was red. My first follistim shot sucked as Hubby gave it to me. This morning's was a bit better, but he is having a hard time depressing the pen's plunger. We're going to have to work on that. It was to awkward for me to do my own follistim shots in my arms. My boobs are just too big for me to be able to reach around to give the shot, while keeping my arm relaxed.
I think I may have had a "light bulb" moment this morning. I've heard many people call follistim "follisting" and I think I may have figured out why. When you are doing your shot, you wipe off the top of the pen and med cartridge with the alcohol swab. If you don't let it dry and you then stick the little needle in it, the first bit of liquid that goes into your flesh will be that tiny drop of alcohol, thus the sting! So I've been trying to let the alcohol dry on the top of the pen before putting the needle in it.
My weight has been on my mind a lot lately. The last few days I've been trying to eat less. Yesterday, I grabbed a hamburger for lunch but only ate half of it. Last night we went to dinner at Red Lobster. I got grilled chicken with wild rice, asparagus and a Caesar salad. I didn't eat all of the chicken, only one bite of the rice as it was way too salty, two-thirds of my asparagus and all of my salad. I know it's not a huge difference, but I'm hoping it's enough to start with and build upon.
I keep trying to get Hubby to come on walks with me. I think I'll just have to go without him. I'll take Cinnamon with me, as Sugar is just too much to handle on a walk. Hmmm, I think the river walk is calling my name! Here is a good picture of part of the river walk here.