You know how they say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? Well, that's not true of Cripple Creek.
Hubby took 2nd place with his Salsa on Saturday. His brother took 3rd place on Sunday. Neither one placed in the green or red chili. They did actually give out nice prizes along with the cash and ribbons marking the occasion.
Hubby made a killing on the slots. By Saturday night, he had given me $1,000 for safe keeping/spend on what I want/mortgage payment. Woohoo! But then on Sunday, we spent $250 of it on a wood statue that had been carved by Thomas Barlow, culinary artist. I know, a culinary artist carving wood? Well, he normally does do ice sculptures, but he did agree to come to Cripple Creek for the wood carving competition. The statue he carved was a six foot tall marine, complete with sword, rifle, and an eagle by his side. No one else had bid on it. I couldn't believe it! We bought it because Hubby's cousin is currently serving over in Afghanistan, his dad was in the service during Viet Nam, and his grandpa was in World War II. We're going to place it in our back yard after we seal it to protect it from the elements.
On the way back today, we stopped at the baby doc's so I could get my Depot-Lupron shot. The nurse took me back, gave me the shot, we talked for a few minutes, then I left. On the way out I stopped to use the restroom as we were going to go do some shopping. We were about a mile or so away from their office when I get a phone call from the nurse, asking me if I could come back as she forgot to test to see if I were pregnant! Can you believe that crap? Ummm hello? Kinda late now, don't ya think? So I go back, barely squeeze out maybe 1/8 teaspoon of pee, then she tests it. Negative, which I didn't have any doubt it would be. But I'm thinking if it were positive, she had just sentenced my baby to birth defects (you can't give Depot-Lupron to pregnant women as it can cause severe birth defects). Stuff would have hit the fan.
It was a good weekend. Unfortunately I do have to go back to work tomorrow. Hubby said I should take the week off so we can go back up to the mountains where it is cool. It's supposed to be around 100 degrees here all week. Yuck.