Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shot on the go cancelled by fire

Tonight was supposed to be my first Lupron shot done away from home. I usually play Bunco on the third Tuesday of each month. I was pretty psyched to do my shot on the go, to test my ability to handle it under different circumstances. However, it was cancelled because of a fire!

Today has been an extremely windy day here in Southern Colorado. There was a wild fire up by Ft. Carson, and another one in Ordway, which is east of Pueblo about 50 miles. Ordway is where my Mom lives. My brother called me this afternoon to get my mom's cell phone number. When I asked him why, he said that Ordway was being evacuated due to a wild fire that was south of town, burning and moving to the north. The information we had at the time indicated that a structure had burnt just six blocks south of where she lives. My brother headed there, while I remained by the phone.

I made a judgement call to stay home in case hubby and I were needed. I was ready to head there, but since Mom wasn't answering her cell phone, she wasn't at home (as my brother was able to snake his way into town despite most roads being blocked off - nice thing about 4 wheel drive, canals and such don't stop you!), and not at work, we decided just to stay close by our phones. My mom works at a nursing home and we assume that she helped evacuate the residents of the nursing home to nearby towns to facilities there. As of now, 8:15 pm, we still haven't heard from her. I have every confidence that she is well, but if she doesn't pick up a phone soon and call someone to let us know she is okay, well, she's not going to be well for soon! lol

So I gave myself the shot here at home. It went well. I still have to do it in front of the mirror, but I am becoming a pro at it. Right after I did it, my brother in law and his son came by to drop off some lasagna my mother in law made. I showed him my needles that I'm using and will be using, and I think he was actually impressed! He normally doesn't like it when we talk about what we're doing, but I think he is actually happy for us, nonetheless.

As for how I'm feeling today, haven't been tired, but have had a headache that didn't respond to Ty.lenol, and Ad.vil seemed to take the edge off of it. I know I shouldn't be taking ibuprofen, but because of what was going on, I said to heck with it. But I will try to stay away from it, especially once I start the stimulants.

Oh, and since today is tax day, we did get our state taxes mailed off. I tried to electronically file them with Tur.bo Tax, but because I originally messed up hubby's SSN, it kept rejecting it, so we had to mail it. I'm going to see if Tur.bo Tax will refund the $17.95 they charged me to electronically file it.

Please keep my mom in your prayers and thoughts that she is well. I'm sure she is, but it never hurts to ask for God's protection. Thank you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...