Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mom is ok!

I finally spoke with Mom this morning about 7:30. She had been so busy helping with the residents of the nursing home that she just didn't take the time to call us to let us know she was okay. My brother, who had gone down there yesterday afternoon, came back last evening, and then when he still couldn't get ahold of her, went back to Ordway and finally found her around 2 a.m. My brother just gained lots of points in my eyes!

From what she told me, 20 houses burned down, with three of those in town. Two firefighters died when they went over a bridge that was on fire and it collapsed, engulfing the engine in flames.

Now comes the clean up and the spot checking. As with any wildfire, you have to keep an eye on the hot spots to ensure they don't flare back up. I haven't watched the news this morning to see if it is supposed to be windy or not, but I'm sure everyone will be on high alert.

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...