Yesterday evening, I went to the grocery store to stock up on my new breakfast items per the suggestion of my doctor's office. I got slices of deli turkey and ham. I already had cheese sticks and eggs to boil. So I packed my breakfast last night.
This morning, I make myself a little turkey and cheese roll-up. Take two bites and I'm stuck! I don't know if I took too large of bites or if I didn't chew well enough or maybe I have very tight restriction first thing in the morning, but it hurt. And since I was eating in front of the gals who I take break with, and who don't know that I have the band, I quit eating. I didn't want to try any more. So I calmly placed the 1/3 eaten roll-up back in the Ziploc baggy along with the egg I had already peeled, then put them all in my lunch bag. If they noticed that I only ate a small portion, they didn't say anything. Once the stuck feeling passed, I didn't eat anymore as I didn't want to take any chances. I really hope that I don't get hungry this morning.
I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this before on my blog, but at one of my support group meetings, I had said that I am able to eat bread, pasta and rice with no problems. I don't eat a lot of bread, but I can eat it. My surgeon said that it was because I have one of the newer bands and that they are more forgiving than the older bands. I wonder if that is why I have never PB'd while many of my band readers have. Interesting.