Last night I arrived home to find water all over the garage and our back storage room. I hopped out of the car, asked Hubby what happened, and grabbed the big push broom and started sweeping water out of the garage. I didn't yell at him, or berate him for what happened. I just got to work helping to clean up the water.
I think I just passed some sort of marriage test. Just a few weeks ago I would have been screaming at him for screwing up, or not getting help, or something. But I am trying to make our marriage a partnership between friends, not combatants, as I tended to do. So I get a gold star for holding my tongue!
By the way, he was replacing the backyard outside faucet that had sprung a leak last summer. When unscrewing the faucet from the copper pipe, the pipe twisted and broke right off. Which is not surprising considering how many places on that pipe there were soldered joints. I think whomever installed that pipe in the first place must not have measured properly as there were at least 5, count that FIVE, soldered joints, and this is a straight pipe, not a bent pipe.
But after two trips to Lowe's, Hubby got what he needed (including a shop vac for future use) and replaced the pipe, replaced the faucet, and now we're back up and running.