Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reflection on the last two years

Today I celebrate my second Blogoversary. As I look back over the last two years, I must admit I am not where I thought I would be.

I thought that Hubby and I would be parents by now. That we'd have at least one child sleeping snug in a crib with perhaps a second one in our thoughts.

I thought we'd be worried about saving for a college fund not saving for donor eggs and paying off a loan for weight loss surgery.

I thought I'd be losing sleep from a fussy baby, not because I'm not able to conceive.

I thought I'd be hearing "mama" by now, not the silence that rings through our home.

Despite my thoughts of how today would have turned out, I am thankful for what I do have.

A husband that loves me despite the fact that I haven't given him any children.

A home that is capable of holding future additions to our family.

Family that is now very understanding and doesn't plague us with questions of when are we having children.

My improving health.

My fur babies who look at me with adoring eyes, even if I forget to feed them in the morning.

The new friends I have made in my weight loss journey, as well as the friends I have made during my infertility journey.

Although life hasn't turned out the way I had hoped it to be, I am happy. I am enjoying life. I'm very thankful that I am not buried in a deep black depression that I see so many of my IF friends buried in. Hubby and I still may not be successful in having children, but we will have each other, and I just don't think I could be dissatisfied with that.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...