Saturday, April 17, 2010

60!

It seemed like I was never going to get here! I've been getting close, but just couldn't quite make it. But today I have!
I weighed in at 233.6! That's 60.4 pounds lost from my highest recorded weight! Ching ding!

Oh, and I have a NSV (non-scale victory) to tell about too! Yesterday I met my bestie for lunch at one of the recent competitors in the Travel Channel's Food War competition to air later in May - Slopper Wars! We got a booth, and let me tell you, those booths are tiny! But not only did I fit, but there were a few inches between me and the table! The slopper was good, by the way. Next Friday we are going to go to the other competitor and try their slopper out.

What's a slopper you ask? It is a hamburger, smothered in green (or red) chili, with cheese and onions. Each restaurant (bar) serves them a bit differently. The one we went to yesterday serves them open faced, so the burger is resting on top of the bun. The one we'll go to next week the burger is nestled between the top and bottom bun before being smothered in the chili. Be sure to click on the links in the above paragraph to check out the locally published stories about the two establishments and the Travel Channel program.

I'm very excited to have lost 60 pounds so far. In fact, I am skipping the church cleaning event today and going to the Y to try zumba for the very first time. If you've not heard of zumba or not sure what it is, click here to check out the official (I guess it's official) website.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...