Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First time stuck

This morning I chose an underwire bra to wear. It seemed like it was really squeezing my chest and therefore my band. In fact, I left work to go home to change because I was so uncomfortable, almost in pain.

I think I may have actually been slightly stuck. Last week when I went in for my last fill, my doc and staff got after me for still eating yogurt, which they consider to be a slider food. They said if you're not chewing it, then it can slide right through the band, despite the fact that the yogurt I eat is full of protein.

So this weekend I bought some Kashi cereal that is loaded with fiber and protein and started adding it to my yogurt. This morning I had my string cheese followed by the yogurt/cereal. I wasn't even finished eating when I could feel the pain.

I thought it was my underwire bra, so went home and changed. It didn't really help. When I got back to the office, I went and got my water (by this time an hour had passed) and drank a bit. Didn't really help either but I didn't have any come back up (although I didn't drink more than maybe two ounces).

So I call my doctor's office and asked if it were possible if I could be stuck. After talking back and forth, it was decided I could be slightly stuck and it should pass through, although it may take a couple of hours. She said to continue to sip water but to do liquids for a couple of days as I could have irritated it and have some swelling.

Almost an hour later and I was feeling relief. I tried to stand up as much as I could and continued to drink my water.

Bad thing though was that I had a business lunch today and I called the restaurant to see if they had any soup. They didn't. However, because it was a Mexican restaurant (my brother in law's place), they do have green chili, so I thought I might just get a bowl of that and eat the broth only.

I've had my band now for almost 3.5 months and this is new to me. I've been very fortunate and haven't been stuck or PBd. I have slimed during a BM (that because I was almost sick).

I have a feeling that it takes a while for my fills to kick in before I actually feel restriction. Weird.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...