Me!
I'm down this week again, although I was truly wondering if I would be. I was weighing myself during the week as I normally do and my scale was only going down just a few tenths of a pound. Plus I have had several lunches out for work (three in a row), and even though I ate quite a bit less than what I used to eat, it was still restaurant prepared meals, which always tend to be more fattening than homemade meals.
Thursday I was at an education symposium where the food choices weren't the best. I had absolutely no protein for breakfast, only fruit (there was fruit, muffins and pastries to choose from). Lunch I made good choices of turkey breast, green beans, salad, a tiny bit of mashed potato, and some rice pilaf. I took one bite of the pilaf and thought I was in trouble. That stuff wasn't even cooked! It was so hard and I couldn't figure out a discreet way to spit it out. So I chewed and chewed and chewed till it was finally tiny hard pieces and swallowed. Thank God it didn't get stuck! But I did resist the huge slices of cheesecake. Unfortunately, I did allow myself a couple of samples of dark chocolate that the Chocolate Therapist brought in. I will post more about her another time. I did however buy two dark chocolate bars and a small box of assorted chocolate candies. I confess to eating several of the chocolate candies since.
I went to the mall yesterday to get my nails done. Since they were pretty busy and I'd have an hour wait before I could get in, I went walking and shopping. I was able to buy two new bras at Dillards. Can you guess what size? Of course you can't because I don't think I ever told you what size I was wearing. I was wearing a ~ get ready for this, you may want to sit down if you're not already ~ 48I. Yes, you read that correctly. An I, as in aye, or eye, or I. My new size? 44G! That's down 4 inches and 2 cup sizes! YES! My boobies are finally shrinking. I'm doing the happy dance! And the bras I bought were underwire! I haven't worn underwire bras in years. They've always poked my sides and stuck out in the middle. Let me tell you, my boobies get lifted and separated with these contraptions. I'd post a picture but I'm sure you can visualise it yourself.
I also went in search of the Sketchers Shape-Ups. I tried Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Neither had it. Then I remembered that a Lapbandtalk forum said Payless Shoes has the Champion brand that does the same thing but for only $40, rather than $100. So I went in and bought the very last pair of 8.5's that they had. They make my feet look tiny! They feel kind of weird, but we'll see how they feel once I start wearing them.
I also was performing an experiment this week. I wanted to see what my weight would do if I only relied on the band and no exercising. Although in the past seven weeks I haven't exercised like a fiend, I have usually exercised at least twice a week. I haven't exercised at all this week (I'm not counting the walking I did at the mall yesterday as exercise). And I can see it on the scales. I think it's one of my smallest losses yet.
"All right already, Miss Tori, just tell us how much you've lost!" Is this what you're thinking? heh
Okay, so drum roll please.
248.4
That is a loss of 1.6 pounds since last Monday. Now, to be totally fair, my normal time increments between weigh ins is seven days, and this is six days. So I will weigh again tomorrow for my "official" weight. However, for purposes of this contest, that is my official weight.
And the winner is:
Amy W of Once Upon a Time . . . in the Land of Cheese and Sunkist. While she did guess twice, I'm only accepting her first guess of 248.5, which happens to be the one closest to my weight this morning.
Thank you to each and every one of you who took your time to guess and also provide support. I wish I could have met Karen (no link available) and Misty Dawn's guesses of 244.6. But tomorrow is a new day and I'm gong to be shooting for that weight and lower!
Now I need to set a goal for Easter (St. Patrick's Day is too close).