So this morning I weighed myself as I normally do on Monday mornings. Ugh.
I thought about lying and just using my weight as of yesterday for the starting weight for the Easter Challenge, but then I thought, what good would lying do for me, for anyone? And the answer I came up with was it would do absolutely no good.
Therefore, I confess to you that I'm up from yesterday's weight. 249.6
I can say that it was the food I ate yesterday - buffet from Country Buffet that included a little bit of apple strudel and ice cream. Or the dinner last night that I had in Cripple Creek of bacon cheddar guacamole burger (no bun) with a few french fries. Or the ritz bitz with cheese. Or the lack of a BM in the last couple of days. But they're all just excuses.
I didn't get this band to allow myself to gorge on food. I got this band so I can lose my excess weight so that I can have a baby. I tend to forget this at times. I also allowed myself to experiment this last week to see what my weight loss would do if I didn't exercise. Now I know, that without exercise, I lost a measly 0.4 pounds. Unacceptable.
But today is a new day! Today also happens to be President's Day, and I'm off work. I will change out of my PJs here in a few and get my butt to exercising! And I've already have in the crock pot for tonight's dinner a healthy recipe.
Crock pot Ranch Chicken (courtesy of juliansmom2003 from lapbandtalk)
Ingredients
4 serving Chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
8 serving Garlic & Herb Marinade
1 serving Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
1/4 cup Water
Directions
1. Pour water in bottom of crock pot.
2. Add frozen chicken breasts.
3. Combine marinade, ranch dressing mix and pour over top of chicken.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve.
Calories: 171, Fat: 4.5g, Protein: 23g
ETA: After having this for dinner tonight, I doubt I will make it again. Way too salty for me. You may be able to adjust the marinade, but not sure how.
Back to the new weight loss challenge. My goal weight for April 4, 2010 is 230 pounds. That means in the next seven weeks I need to lose 19.6 pounds. I know I'm not going to be able to do it by watching what I eat alone, I will have to incorporate exercise into my almost daily regimen. I will also have to stop my indulgences. I was letting myself eat way too many desserts, even if it was just a fraction of what I ate pre-band. That doesn't matter any more.
I'm up for the challenge. I can't remember the last time I weighed 230 pounds. I know back in the early 90's when I joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) my starting weight was 227 pounds, but after losing about 41 pounds then, the weight came back and then some, never to be seen since.
I guess I'm going to have to make some changes in my home life. Ever since I bought my lap top computer, I've spent way too much time on Facebook with all the stupid games. I'm going to have to seriously cut back on those things. Sitting in front of my computer is not a good form of exercise.
For the other bandsters out there reading my blog, would you like to join me in the Easter Challenge? You can comment here or on lapbandtalk with what your goal is. But let me know so that I can come by and support you through the next seven weeks. And if you're not a bandster but still want to lose a few pounds, let me know and I'll offer my support to you as well. Shoot, it doesn't matter how we lose the weight, just that we're doing it.