If you've not had the pleasure of meeting Journey Girl, go over and congratulate her on her pregnancy. She and Journey Man traveled to Thailand to go through IVF using donor eggs and it worked! She's almost through the first trimester, which is a huge accomplishment and provides a sigh of relief. She too had the Lap-Band surgery, so I feel like we're sisters, of sorts.The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
- Copy the award and place it in your blog.
- Link the person who nominated you for this award.
- Tell us 7 interesting things about you.
- Nominate 7 bloggers.
- Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
Now for the seven interesting things about me. This may take me a while to come up with, although by the time you read this, it will be quick. :-)
1) I've only been outside the United States one time. It was back in 2003 when I was president of a local insurance industry association. We had a national convention in San Diego and took a day trip down to Ensenada, Mexico. Some of the group golfed at a resort there, while the rest of us went to a day spa. We all met back up and went for an authentic Mexican lobster dinner. It was a fun day but I along with two other ladies almost got lost as our last spa appointments were running late, so instead of going in the bus with everyone else, they said we could take a cab to meet up with everyone. Unfortunately, the Mexican cab driver didn't understand English, nor could we speak Spanish, and he couldn't figure out where we needed to go. After driving all over town, we finally spotted our tour bus and met back up with the group. It got kind of scary there for a while.
2) I always imagined that I would become a high powered business woman who was married to a rancher. I'd work during the week at my career, then on weekends I'd ride the ranch with my husband. I'm neither a high powered business woman (although I do consider myself a business woman) nor did I marry a rancher. However, I am very happy with my career and my choice of spouse.
3) I never used to be a dog person. Growing up we had cats. I didn't like dogs, especially poodles. My dad's parents used to have a poodle that did nothing but yipe. Now, I can do without cats and we have two poodles. Go figure.
4) When I was a kid, maybe 10-12 years old, I always thought that if I didn't see the entire television screen, that in that spot where I couldn't see, they (who ever they are) would show a man's genitals. Hmm, could that possibly explain my later fascination with the male genitalia?
5) Also, when I was a kid, I always used the name Jill Munroe when play acting. I didn't remember until I was an adult that Jill Munroe was one of the characters from the original Charlie's Angels. Farrah Fawcett played her.
6) I've only been snow skiing once. It was in 1995 or 1996. My roommate at the time invited me to go along with her family to ski in Monarch, Colorado. I had lots of fun, but never got off the bunny slope, despite taking a class to learn how to ski. I learned how to snow plow really well!
7) Growing up during the summers, I lived at our town swimming pool. From the time I was about 5 or 6 and could go to the pool with my older sister, I would be there from the time it opened around 1:00 each day and stay until they closed at 6:00. I would even take naps there. Needless to say, I was always so tanned. My love for swimming is still there, but unfortunately, I don't get to do it as often as I'd like.
Now on to my nominations:
1) Catherine - She is only a few pounds away from her original goal, although after a recent doctor's appointment, she is revising that goal to lose another 13 pounds. She is one of the first lap band bloggers I followed.
2) Rain - This is a gal who has gone through some rough times thanks to infertility. Her and her husband are now pursuing their dream of becoming parents through Foster Adopt. Rain is a talented amateur photographer.
3) Amy - Just recently celebrating her one year bandiversary, Amy has been an inspiration to many bandsters. She has lost well over a hundred pounds in her first year alone.
4) Kansas - What drew me first to her blog was her name, given that I'm originally from Kansas. However, she is a funny writer, and even better, her dream of becoming a parent is coming true. Go and wish her well as she is in her 9th week of pregnancy.
5) Tracy - She was banded the day before me, using a Realize band, rather than the Allergan band that I have. Tracy is what I'd one day like to aspire to: a nature fitness lover. She loves hiking the local trails in Colorado.
6) Lisa - After struggling with infertility and succeeding with IUI, Lisa gave birth to a beautiful little girl, Chloe Jo. Not only does Lisa love being a mom, but she enjoys all the things that go along with it, including making gorgeous little bows for Chloe Jo.
7) Sky - What a brave woman Sky is. She is not letting the fact that she hasn't met Mr. Right stop her from her dream of becoming a mom. This Jersey girl gives me hope that I will realize my dream of becoming a parent one day with donated eggs or embryos.