Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weight loss ticker

For those of you who read me through your reader, I have added a weight loss ticker at the top of my blog. My starting weight, which I don't show, is from my doctor appointment this summer, which is my highest weight. The tracker will show my progress without revealing my weight.

Diet update

Yesterday was much better than Tuesday. I had another steak, with brussel sprouts again, and a salad. I then worked out around 9:15 till a little after 10:00. Got some pretty decent calories burned off.

Today, because I forgot to boil some eggs, I had one container of CARBMaster yogurt (only 4 carbs) and two string cheeses. Lunch consisted of two 94% lean hamburger patties with cheese, a tablespoon of Pace picante sauce on each, celery sticks dipped in blended cottage cheese and ranch dressing powder. I can't stand cottage cheese - it's a texture thing - but if I blend it smooth and add spices, then it's like having sour cream, but better! It was no fat and 1/2 cup has 12 grams of protein. I made 1/2 cup of the dip, but could only eat about 1/2 of that.

My surgeon told me to start taking Miralax since I'm not getting very much fiber in my diet. Today is the second day of that. This afternoon, as I type this, my tummy is rumbling. You know the noise - and the feelings - you get when stuff is going on in your digestive system. I hope it quits making this noise before I leave for my 3 o'clock appointment this afternoon.

If you've never taken Miralax, it's a powder that you mix with a liquid, can be hot or cold. So I just mix it with my hot tea, and you can't even taste it or tell it's in there. So not too bad.

This morning, when I got on the scales, it said at first that I lost like six pounds from yesterday, and I knew that that couldn't be right. So I got back on them, and re-weighed. I've lost not quite two pounds since yesterday.

My calorie goal for the day right now, based on my weight, with wanting to lose one pound per week, is about 1950 calories. However, since I started the pre-op diet, I've been getting more around 1400-1500 calories, plus I've been burning around 225 calories working out. It is really helping the pounds to drop! I may soon have to re-evaluate my base metabolic rate (BMR) to determine if my calorie level should be adjusted downwards. How cool is that?

Did you realize that exactly one week from right now , I will be at home recuperating from my surgery???
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...