Sunday, December 20, 2009

Incision photo

As promised (and I’m sure you were sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for this!) here is a photo of my tummy after surgery on Thursday. Yeah, not too pretty. My belly is quite distended from the surgery. The tubing you see all over the place is from my pain med pump.


All those strips of tape get to come off naturally. I’d imagine it’ll take a couple of weeks perhaps? Not sure. I’ll have to remember to ask at my follow up appointment on Tuesday.

Today I’ve done much better with my liquids. I actually drank 1.25 cups coffee, 1/2 cup v8 splash, broth, and a sugar free Popsicle. I’m working on some more V8 but I’m feeling full from the broth still.

I thought I’d go ahead and take one of the Flintstones chewable vitamins. Ugh, those are gross! I don’t know how kids actually like these things.

Food is starting to sound good again, but I’m going to give it a couple more days until I progress to the full liquid diet. By then I figure I can make a little milk shake with skim milk, ice, and protein powder. Oh, and maybe a little chocolate added.

If you’re not too grossed out with the above picture, then I present to you Bruce! The first one is of him just sitting on my stomach, the second one is of him being around my stomach. Isn’t he handsome? lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...