I am surviving! Not without some pain, but I knew going into this that it would take a while to recover.
I’ve been dozing on and off since Thursday afternoon. Catnaps for about 1-2 hours. Then up and trying to drink some liquids. I want to make sure that I don’t get dehydrated. I’ve been able to sleep about 3-4 hours a stretch at night before I get up to walk around to relieve the gas pains in my shoulder and back, get some more to drink, and take more pain meds.
Last evening I took another shower. It felt so good. Afterwards, Hubby went ahead and removed the tubing from my pain pump. That was freaky! I had to lay down soon after as that kind of stuff does not go over too well with me. I’d never make a good nurse or doctor if having to deal with blood and stuff. I will have to wait until tomorrow to take my next shower as removing the tube left a tiny hole in my skin, and it has to heal over before getting it wet.
Last night I had to get up and come lay down on the couch to get some more sleep as my right shoulder was sore from laying on it. I can’t lay on my tummy yet, nor on my left side. So it’s either my back or right side. It’s too uncomfortable to lay on my back without being propped up some, thus the couch. (BTW, should I be using lay or lie? That part of my English classes never stuck with me!)
This morning, I decided to try drinking some decaf coffee. The first cup I mixed with Miralax (gotta get things moving, you know), the second cup just my coffee and creamer. I haven’t drank all the second cup, as it got cold, and I’m being lazy and not getting up to warm it up. My nurse is still sleeping.
The scales haven’t budged, if anything, they went up a few pounds. I’m not worried about losing weight yet, just healing from the surgery. I have a new found respect for those who have gone through surgery now, as it is not a cake walk.
I’m going to try to go to church this morning. It will be my first outing since Thursday. Hubby has been pretty strict on not over doing it. I’ve walked outside in our back yard once, but the rest of the time it’s just been inside, as well as going up and down the stairs to our lower level.
As I indicated earlier my main goal is just to get all my liquids in to prevent dehydration. I’m hoping today is better in doing it.