I don't have a birth story, but I do have a "Bruce" story. If you'll recall, I named my band Bruce.
Got up at 5, hopped in shower, shaved my legs - cuz I didn't want them to see hairy legs when they put the compression socks on me.
Hubby got up soon after and hopped in the show too. He takes forever to get ready. We left the house at 5:59 a.m. Got at the surgery center at 6:00. We seriously only live like 5-6 blocks from the surgery center.
Got signed in, then went back a few minutes later to get weighed, pee in a cup, then change into the lovely hospital gown. They put the legs compressions on me, the IV in my right hand, hooked me up to all the little electrodes on my chest. Hubby came in for a while before it was time to go back.
They wheeled me into the OR and started the first drug. It was some sort of muscle relaxer. Well, it relaxed me so much I couldn't breathe! I tried grabbing on to the oxygen mask, they kept say just relax and breathe. They weren't getting it that I couldn't breathe. I thought for sure I was dead. Finally I just let go and the next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery.
I freaked out and started crying because I remembered that! They calmed me down, and the anesthesiologist came in I told him what I remembered, and he had them give me some medication that was supposed to make me forget it. I remember him saying that it was the same drug that they give to ra.pe vi.ctims to help them forget. Well it didn't work because I still remember.
All it did was result in my blood pressure dropping so I had to stay longer in recovery. I couldn't get up to use the restroom because my pressure was too low. They said I could use the bedpan but I said I would hold it.
Finally around 1:15 or so, I was able to get up, use the restroom, and get dressed. Hubby in the meantime had gone to the pharmacy to fill my Stadol (sp?) as I would need it. He also asked about my liquid antibiotic since they neglected to tell me it needed refrigeration when I bought it. They said it would still be good.
We finally left and got home at about 1:30, I think. Been sitting and laying on the couch, dozing off and on. Took some pics of my incisions which I'll post in the next couple of days. Oh, and pictures of Bruce too, before it was on and after, while in my tummy.
Have drank some watered down apple juice, some really yummy vegetable broth, and now am sipping on water. My left shoulder is feeling the gas pain. My stomach/abdomen feels like I've had a pretty tough abdominal work out.
But I have survived and am enjoying Hubby taking care of me. He is doing a great job. Even Sugar (my younger dog) is keeping a close eye on me.