Friday, April 3, 2009

Ball is slowly rolling

I finally heard back from my IVF nurse. Dr. S received the consult note from Dr. M (the peri).

They've submitted everything to the insurance company, but haven't heard back from them, so I'm following up to make sure they have everything they need in order for them to pay!! :-)

I'll call when I start AF in April to schedule my TET (trial embryo transfer) and SHG (not the HSG), and then have the consult with their anesthesiologist.

Should then be able to schedule my IVF consults. Dr. S's office did go ahead and fax in my Rx.

They also want to know if I'm going to be pursuing acupuncture with this cycle. I've started placing phone calls to some acus here in town, to see if any of them specialize in infertility treatment. The last hottie I used, while really nice, just didn't seem to provide the same type of services that I've read others receiving. So I'll check around and see. It does mean that it will be out of network (meaning self-pay) but I'm okay with that. Actually, it would be subject to my out of network deductible, which actually also applies to my in network deductible, so it'll be okay.

On a different note, I think I just recently ovulated. Again, I had some pain with it, so I really do think that the DHEA is working. It is certainly making an oil field out of my forehead, especially if I don't wear my foundation that helps prevent shine. Good thing I normally wear bangs!

Unfortunately, due to reasons I won't disclose to protect someones privacy, we weren't able to capitalize on ovulation this month. In my head, I rationalized and okayed this, thinking that if we did BD, I'd have too many eggs and it'd result in HOM. So, we're okay. (Does anyone ever do this, rationalize these things in your head so that you're basically forgiving yourself for not doing something? Am I even making sense?)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...