- My weight is a risk factor.
- I could possibly develop diabetes should I get pregnant (just like many other women do - regardless of their weight).
- I'm AMA (advanced maternal age). Again, nothing new, but each year I get older the risk of various birth defects goes up.
- It may be harder to see everything on ultrasounds, depending on how my tummy fat is distributed. This could prevent her (the peri) from seeing everything and disclosing all issues.
- Could have gallbladder issues (as do many women when pregnant).
- Pre-eclampsi is a possible factor (as with many women when pregnant).
I truly didn't learn anything from this visit. I just did it so I could check it off the list of things my RE wants me to do. She actually said that I could very easily be taken care of by my OB here in town, although they may do a couple of ultrasounds on me. One nice thing is that she (or her associates) does come down to my town twice a month, which may alleviate my having to drive 40 minutes each way to see them.
She may have thought I was stupid because she kept asking if I had any questions. I really didn't. What's there to ask? How often they do scans? When do they do tests? It'll all come to pass, so I see no reason to be asking stuff about what will happen when I get pregnant yet. Maybe I should have, but I just don't see the reason. Let's get pregnant first, then we'll start asking all the pertinent questions. Okay? Horse first, then cart.