TMI Alert!
During the height of my cold, I was taking 4 Mucinex D tablets a day to try to clear the gunk from my lungs and sinuses. It finally did work, as I am feeling better, although if I talk too much I get short of breath and my throat gets scratchy.
During this time, I was also doing my clomid challenge. I've taken clomid before, and remember the havoc it created with my CM. Well, I did not have that problem this time.
If you've taken clomid, you have probably heard about taking a teaspoon of regular Robitussin as it helps to thin your body's mucus. Regular Robitussin has very little of the Guaifenesin medicine in it compared to Mucinex. I'm talking 100 mg in a teaspoon vs. 600 mg in one tablet. I was taking 2400 mg a day for about a week.
This weekend, I had what felt like PMS cramps. First in my abdomen on Saturday, then they moved to my back on Sunday. In fact, at one point Sunday I went to the restroom thinking I had started my period (which by the way isn't due for two weeks). No, it wasn't my period. Let's just say I ended up needing to change my underwear. Holy crap! I've never seen that much CM at once. Never.
Let's just hope that this is a good sign. Hubby and I definitely took advantage of it. Maybe that clomid and the DHEA I've been taking will pop an egg out. Stranger things have certainly happened.
TMI over.
We go tomorrow for our regroup session with the RE. We'll see what he has to say about everything. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we get a chance. That's all I'm asking for is a chance. That's all we ever want, isn't it?