Saturday, July 19, 2008

Money and ankles

Last night was the third and final night of the prophet we've been going to see. Hubby and I debated whether to go or not, but finally decided we had already been two nights, might as well go the third night.

Everything was going well. Music was good. The message was good. I was actually getting quite a bit out of his message, which was "Sudden plenty." We would be blessed with sudden plenty, whether it would be in finances, marital issues, health, etc. I was open to this. It was like he was speaking right to me.

I kind of wondered why they hadn't taken up an offering, like they did the previous two nights. Then I saw some people rush the altar and throw money on the altar (which I've never seen happen before). He then tells everyone that this isn't that kind of offering call. He grabbed a bunch of envelopes from one of his entourage, said that he had 50 envelopes, and he was being told (presumably by God) that there would be some there who would give $2,000. Even more who would give $200. He then goes on to say how the people who were with them had to take off work for a week to be there, how expensive the plane tickets were, blah blah blah. And then he said for whomever gives, he would prophesy over them individually! WTH!!!! So, if Hubby and I wanted our prophecy, we'd have to pay for it? I don't think so!

By his doing that, everything he had said previously was negated. I'm sorry, but the word of God is not for sale! That man may be, but God is not. I'll take my $200 and give it to the church we are attending, thank you very much! Can you believe that crap??

You know, a few years back, I was president of a local industry non-profit, where we would invite speakers in from all over the United States for our education symposiums. We paid for them to come to our event: their airfare, their hotels, their meals, transportation, etc. Then if they had books or other materials they wanted to sell, they were provided tables to do so.

Even when our old church brought in speakers, we would pay for them to come, and then ask for a love offering, which was totally voluntary, with no minimum dollar amount demanded.

This guy just took the cake with his audacity. Maybe this is normal in these types of churches, but good grief. I'll not be attending them anymore.

**************

On a different note, I'm really wondering what is going on with my body right now. I've been off of the stimulants for a week now. I'm only taking my prenatals, folic acid and baby aspirin. The last couple of days I have been bloated with cramps in my ovary areas. Yesterday, despite drinking quite a bit of water, I didn't pee much and what I did was dark, and in the evenings my ankles have been very swollen! Last night I was so swollen that I had to take my rings and watch off during the service. Not sure what is going on. If you have any insight, please feel free to share.

Updated: I figured out the cramps. AF showed up. But it doesn't explain the ankles.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...