Friday, May 30, 2008

Dr. Opie & Dr. Poke-a-me (Update)

I had my ultrasound and blood work this morning at the RE’s. Dr. Opie (one of the RE’s at the practice) did my u/s. Didn’t hurt at all this time! I was very pleased with my left ovary as it wasn’t hiding. Both ovaries are quiet. Aunt Flo still hasn’t come so we’re just waiting for her to show up. My lining is very thick, which could affect my estrogen levels.

One of the RE nurses told me I could have Dr. Poke-a-me start AF! I was like “Really? Cool!” So when I went to him this morning, he stuck about 12 more needles in me. I had them on the inside of my thighs above my knees, a couple in my feet, extra ones in my ankles, one on each elbow, and two on my hands, in addition to the normal four in my back and four in my calves. Just call me a pincushion!

If any of you kind ladies are finished with Aunt Flo, please send her my way. If I don’t get her in the next few days, we may have to move this stim cycle back a month as I have a five day window to get the egg retrieval done so that there are doctors there to do the embryo transfer.

On a totally different note, going home last night after work and having my hair blown all over the place from the wind, I decided my new short hair cut needs to be shorter. My new stylist is about to go out on maternity leave and there is no way I can wait another six weeks to get in for a cut. So I’m going today during a later lunch hour to get it cut. Two cuts in two weeks!

My mom roped me in to help her with her yard sale tomorrow so I’ll probably head down there tonight or early tomorrow morning. Either sleep in my own bed tonight and get up really early or stay there and sleep on the couch. Hmmmm.

Update:

Battle Axe called me this afternoon. Said that estradial (estrogen) levels are high due to the thick lining. I am on hold for the weekend. If I start my period over the weekend, I need to call them. I am scheduled to go in on Monday to check on things. Not sure if I'll keep my Tuesday appointment, but it all depends on whether AF shows or not. Come on AF, please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...