That's not describing my dinner tonight. That's describing my recent good news from my surgeon's office and the bad news of the economy.
First, the sweet.
When I went to the support group meeting last week, I was told that Dr. S does not have any restrictions on when we can try to get pregnant after the band. I was very excited about this as some recent research revealed that using donor embryos costs in the $3,000 to $5,000 range.
Next, the sour.
Hubby's restaurant is struggling right now. Big time. A recent increase in prices hasn't even scratched the surface of the shortages he is experiencing. Labor costs the way they are is going to force him to make some tough decisions. We've had to make some tough decisions.
For right now, we just can't afford to try for a baby. Between me still paying off all my medical bills from being in the hospital this summer to new bills cropping up due to having to get a new crown (and another one next year), money is beyond tight. It hasn't helped that I've been having to buy new clothing, and a new coat and jacket, so I've put myself on a spending freeze.
Things will turn around. I just need to give us some time to build our savings account back up, to get back in the black, and lose a bit more weight. Time, it's about all I got right now.