Sunday, August 1, 2010

A picture may not but the scales sure do!

Lie, that is! Ugh, what a morning already and I've only had my first few sips of coffee. Perhaps I should go back to bed and try again.

So last night, before hopping into bed, I hop on the scales as I often do, to get an indication of how they're going to look like in the morning. I was quite pleased. They were in the lower 220.something. My night weight and the next morning weight usually differ by about 1.5 pounds, so I expected this mornings weight to be awesome!

Well, it wasn't. It was 220.0. And I was actually fine with that, as I had set a goal for myself to lose 10 pounds during this challenge, and I met it. Yay!

Except, that was my weight when I first got on the scales this morning. Then I had to go and let the dogs out, I started my coffee since I was already in the kitchen, then grab the camera to take a picture of the scales for the contest.

220.2.


WTF!?!?!?!?!?

Okay, so I figure it was the weight of the camera. So I get back on without holding the camera. It stays at 220.2. Fine. I take the picture. I realize the zoom isn't very close and the photo I took is showing way more leg than is decent at this time of day, so I get back on to zoom in, this time the scale is showing 221.2. Huh?

I try this several times, and each time, my weight is anything but 220 or 220.2. Fine, you damn persnickety scales. You win. For now. You don't realize who you are messing with. The person who holds the purse strings and the trash bag strings. Ha! Hahahahaha!

So, for the weight I'm turning in to Kristen, I'll turn in the 220.2, since that is what the photo shows. However, for my own little ticker above, I'm using the 220.0.

And this week I will be buying a new set of scales. Anyone want to buy a set of scales? I'll sell it to you for cheap! ;~)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...