During the height of my cold and suffering, my restriction rocked! I loved it! Not only was I hardly able to eat anything, but I really didn't want to eat anything. On Saturday, my weight was down to 237.something. I was jazzed!
Well, that is no longer the case. Not only am I feeling better, but my restriction has taken an unauthorized leave of absence. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd almost say, Bruce? Bruce who? Yeah, it's that bad.
I've been able to eat a LOT. Yesterday for lunch, I went out with a carrier rep and a few people from our office to a restaurant that serves three-course lunches. Sausage, veggie and noodle soup. Ate everything except the huge piece of broccoli. An open faced prime rib sandwich on caraway bread served with creamy artichoke on the side. Didn't eat the bread, but ate damn near all of the prime rib (except the huge chunk of fat and the tough outer skin), and a couple bites of the artichoke side (which was absolutely yummy!). Followed by a selection of dessert. Let me tell you, this place is well known for its cream puffs. They are to die for. I would have had one, but wasn't sure how the puff part would do going down and I'm quite reluctant to eat anything in front of coworkers that could cause issues. So instead I had half a slice of white cake with cream filling. The only good thing of this meal? I didn't drink during it. Heh.
I played bunco last night. We finally had our Christmas party last night sans gift exchange. Veggie tray, chips/salsa, enchilada casserole, rice, salad, sherbet. Although we didn't do a gift exchange, we did do a cookie exchange. I took four dozen cookies and came home with four dozen cookies. How many did I eat when I got home? Two and a bite of another. I finally told Hubby to hide them or take them to his work. With my lack of restriction and my tendency to chow down sweets, I can't afford to have them in the house. I mean, seriously, who can resist homemade chocolate oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cookies, snicker doodles, sugar cookies, etc.??? If you say you can, well, plttttttttttt! lol
I almost didn't weigh this morning as I knew that seeing 230 something was a thing of the past. I was right, but I went ahead and weighed. 240.6. I'm learning. I can't go three weeks without exercising. I can't rely on my band to do all the work for me. Yes, I was losing great the first week or so after my last fill, but then I got sick and all exercising stopped and my restriction went through the roof. Now that I'm better, I have got to get back on the band wagon.