Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bruce's first fill

I got my first adjustment to Bruce today. The doctor put in 5 ccs. It was kind of interesting.

He first gave me a shot to numb the area around my port. Then he takes a 20 gauge needle (PIO girls - you can appreciate this!) and started poking. I didn't feel a thing. Hubby is watching him do it, and he is making all these funny faces. I'm watching Hubby and I start laughing and tell him to stop.

After a moment or two, the doctor wants me to lay on the exam table as he thinks the port may not be facing forward when I stand. After I lay down and him giving another numbing shot, sure enough, within about 20 seconds or so, he finds the port and inserts the needle.

After standing up, with the needle just hanging from me, I start drinking water, so he can determine how much of a fill to give me. You know, it's kind of hard to feel water in your esophagus and for it to go down. But I finally felt it back up and then he released some, put some back in, back and forth, until I was able to drink with it going down quickly.

I asked him how much I ended up with, and he said 1.4, which is 5 ccs. My band can hold up to 12 ccs. I go back in on Monday for another adjustment as he said the first adjustment doesn't last long.

While I was in there he removed a stitch that's been hanging out for a while.

Official weight at his office: 254
Weight lost since first visit with doctor: 34 pounds

Now it's time to make dinner and see how well (and how much) I can eat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...