Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wii Fit Plus

We bought this back in November from Sam's Club when it was on sale for about $80. It took a few weeks before we hooked it up as we needed new controllers. Once we got those, I started using it and boy has it been fun!

I did pretty much just the training exercises, like boxing, hula hooping (which I still have a hard time doing even virtually!), step aerobics, etc. Well, yesterday, I decided to try the My Fit Plus, where you actually create routines.

O.M.G!

I did only about 23 minutes of work out, but one of the exercises absolutely did me in! It was a bike ride, about 1.5 miles. Basically, while on the board, you act like you are riding a bike, so you have to pretty much march in place. My hips are killing me! You know how normally you feel the effects of exercise the next day? Yeah, not me! I was feeling it yesterday afternoon about 5-6 hours after exercising. And they are still sore this morning!

My plan is to mix up my exercise routine between the Wii Fit Plus and my Walking Away the Pounds videos by Leslie Sansone. I think I may have talked about her before, but she has walking videos for 1 mile, 2 miles, and 3 miles (also a 4 miles but I don't have that one) as well as a kick step (like kick boxing). I love these videos. They are low impact but include upper body workout with a stretch band. Let me tell you, don't let the name of the video fool you. They can definitely get your heart beating. She incorporates kicks, side steps, knee lifts (killer!) as well as walking in place. The kick step video is about 30 minutes long or so, and she does a really good job of working in a good boxing work out.

The only thing I know I will struggle with after today is when to do my exercises. I'd like to do them in the mornings prior to work, but I know that I hate getting up early. However, some nights will not be conducive to working out due to commitments. So I think I'm just going to have to buck up and get my ass out of bed early and exercise! Eek!

I've put a link to my walking goal above. For January, my goal is to walk 30 miles. If I don't count the exercise on the Wii, then I have to do the WATP videos every other day to make sure I get in the 30 miles (by doing the 2 mile walk). However, I guess depending on what exercises I do on the Wii, I can count them towards my goal.

Yesterday was the first time back on my Wii since before the surgery. It shows that I've lost 12 pounds since the last time I worked out! I like this! It's so cool, as not only does it have a graph that shows my weight loss progress, but it is also tracking my BMI! It's now showing around a 42.something something. I started out at 49.something something.

I think it would be so awesome if when I go in for my first fill on February 2 I've lost weight rather than staying the same or gaining as my surgeon has said may happen (he said this is common as the stomach heals, there isn't much restriction, so many people are able to eat like before, thus the weight gain). However, so far, I'm still not able to eat lots. I can eat about 3/4 to one cup of food. I will have to make sure that I am very careful with this. I already know what my nemesis is: sweets! So I will have to make sure that I don't have these things in my home or at the office. This is where I will have to use my WILLPOWER to stay away from sweets. They just slide through the band, so I must stay away! I am going to allow myself something once a week. I've already caved this weekend. Someone brought a strawberry cheese pie (kind of like cheese cake, but more creamy) to our NYE party. They didn't take the leftovers. So I ate a couple of pieces of it. Finally, yesterday afternoon, I told Hubby he was either going to finish it right then, or I was throwing it away! We also threw away the last of the appetizer left overs so no more temptations!

Hey, if you've set a goal for yourself for either exercise or weight loss, share it with me so I can support you with it. It's so much fun to have someone in your corner cheering you on!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...