Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Two weeks tomorrow

Life is good in bandster land. Tomorrow will be two weeks since banded. I've pretty much transitioned to solid foods, although I'm still trying to make them soft solid foods.

Last night I was craving Chinese food! I called Hubby and we decided to go to one of our favorite Chinese restaurants. I really wanted sesame chicken, but opted instead for chicken egg fu yung and an egg roll. I ate about half of the roll, picking it apart and chewing it thoroughly. Then they delivered three huge patties! I ate not quite half of one. Was very full. I did snag two pieces of Hubby's sweet and sour chicken, and a couple of tiny bites of his fried rice.

I had one of the patties today for lunch, and will eat the last one tonight for dinner. So three meals out of one! Not too bad.

We're getting ready for our annual New Year's Eve party. I went grocery shopping last night. I have a fairly yummy menu planned:

Shrimp cocktail
Cream cheese covered with three different types of pepper jelly (mild jalapeno, peach jalapeno, and raspberry habenero)
Spinach dip
Hot wing dip
Hubby's award winning salsa
Meatballs in BBQ sauce
Tortilla rolls (cream cheese with green chiles and roasted red peppers)
Veggie tray
Lil smokies wrapped in crescent rolls
Punch

It's going to be interesting to see how I fare with all this. I know I won't eat any of the raw veggies as I'm just not ready to go there yet (only mushy veggies for now). But, most everything else should be band friendly, as long as I remember to chew completely and eat slowly! Normally it's not too hard to do, except when I get to talking. I tend to swallow before everything is nicely chewed, which is not a good thing!

I'm going to miss my New Year's toast with the sparkling cider, but what can you do? I know Hubby will be watching me closely to make sure that I don't have any punch or sparkling cider.

On a different note, yesterday I set a goal for myself for walking. Before the surgery, I was doing the Wii Fit Plus, and I'll start doing it again soon. However, I need to add more to my exercise routine, so I set a goal of walking 30 miles in January. It seems kind of low, in some aspects, but considering I really don't care for walking as a form of exercise, I think it's quite challenging. So starting January 1, I have got to break out my walking shoes and hit the pavement.

I weighed again this morning, and I'm down 28 pounds so far. I'm starting to see it in a few of my shirts that aren't fitting quite so snug any more. And my watch is pretty loose too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...