I had a good appointment with the surgeon. Weight loss from my pre-op appointment on 12/7 to today was 14 pounds! Woohoo!
He took the steristrips off my incisions. Gross, now I have to see them.
He asked how I thought everything went, and I said everything went well except for my freaking out when they gave me the first medicine when I went into the OR. I said they did it before even getting me on the table, and he said they shouldn't have given me anything until I was on the operating table. He seemed a bit shocked. I started crying when I told him about it, it's the first time I've allowed myself to really feel the panic and let it out. At the end of the appointment, he gave me a hug.
I get to move on to the mushy stage of food! So I made some mashed cauliflower tonight, and added the ranch mix for flavoring as well as two string cheeses for protein. I'll have plenty leftover to eat tomorrow for lunch and dinner. I'm looking forward to having cream of wheat for breakfast in the morning!
I can take the anti-nausea patch off, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow, just in case the cauliflower doesn't agree with me, but so far so good.
I go in on February 2 for my first fill. Then again a week later for another fill. How cool is that?
So all in all, everything went well. Now I can at least partially enjoy my upcoming Christmas dinners. :0)