We had a nice three day weekend. Friday, we went up to Colorado Springs to take my car for its maintenance to the Sa.turn dealership since the one here in town closed. We then headed up the hill to Cripple Creek to try our hands at the higher stakes and new games, Roulette and Craps. I still played the penny slots, but Hubby played the Roulette and three card poker. I ended up spending only about $90 for the day, which isn't too bad.
Saturday, we went over to Hubby's aunt and uncle's house for lunch. Then we came back to our house where we catered for my family. Two nice meals in one day. We shot off fireworks without having to worry about anything catching on fire since it had rained most of the day.
Sunday we went to the reservoir to celebrate Hubby's niece's 17th birthday. We were only there an hour before the heavy rainstorm drove everyone away. Which was good, because I couldn't handle watching the two-week old infant being passed around to everyone. One lady (the grandma I think) asked me if I wanted to see the baby. I tried to say no, something about it sleeping, but she still got the kid up to show off. Thank God she didn't ask if I wanted to hold him.
We saw some white tail deer last evening when we headed out to see Hubby's parents. Normally, mule deer hang out in this area of the state, so it was a treat to see the white tails. Three bucks and one doe.
I got good news today. I'm getting most of what I paid to my RE back because my insurance ended up covering more than I thought it would. My credit card will appreciate that.