Wednesday, July 29, 2009

On my soapbox for a moment

Okay, normally I don't get too involved in politics, as I do not think I can do much to change to course of events in this country, even though I often write my congressmen and senators about issues, especially related to the health insurance industry.

But this following article, about Plastic Surgery Tax Eyed as Revenue Raiser, is just going too far.

Cosmetic surgery, for the most part, is not eligible for deduction on your personal income taxes nor on your flexible spending account or health savings account dollars. Which I totally understand. So basically, you are currently paying a tax if you choose to have a cosmetic procedure, such as botox injections or eye lift, done (by using after tax dollars).

However, if this tax were to pass, you would be essentially taxed twice on these procedures! Why? There's no reason for it. If a person wants to pay for a service, which for them, would most likely improve their self esteem (and some egos, too), then let them. There is no reason to penalize them with an additional tax.

Congress and the president needs to get their heads out of their asses and come up with solid methods to lower to the national debt. All these little jabs at the people will eventually backfire on them.

Now, where can I go to get these damn boobs cut off before they start the taxing?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...