If you read my blog through Reader, you've probably not noticed how my list of books I've read keeps growing. Right now, I'm reading the entire Harry Potter series. I've read three of them, and will most likely start reading the fourth book tonight.
I've read them all before, but only once, and when they either first came out (the last 3 or four books) or in the case of the first few books, once I finally got interested in Harry Potter after watching the first movie.
It's great going back and rereading them. I had forgotten so much, or remembered only what I had seen in the movies that keep getting shown on ABC Family (Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban). There really is quite the difference between the books and the movies.
Hubby had a fit when I bought the entire paperback series (B&N had them on sale for 40% off if you were a member, which brought the cost down to $8 a book). He is not a fan of Harry Potter (due to the witch craft - he thinks it's a sin - I'll leave him to his own opinion, which I obviously don't agree with - it's not like I'm going to start practicing witch craft just because I'm reading a fictional novel).
The first three books I was able to get through in about a day and a half to two days each. The fourth book may take me a bit longer since it is obviously longer. What's bad, is when I get to reading I really don't want to do anything else, which includes working, sleeping, housework, etc. So I have to be really careful not to become too obsessed and get some work done.
I've heard many people say that they've enjoyed the Twilight series. I won't be reading these because I really don't like vampires. It doesn't matter if the books/movies are all romantic or not, they are still about vampires, and ugh! Just can't do it. I also don't like dinosaurs and aliens.
Another type of book that I really enjoy reading has been novels about the Amish. Beverly Lewis (if I'm remembering her name correctly) has several series of Amish books. I not only enjoy learning about how they worship, but their lifestyles as well. And since they are fiction, there is always drama involved and usually romance as well.
I'm also a big fan of Sophie Kinsella (the Shopaholic series - the first one, Confessions of a Shopaholic, just came out as a movie - are really good). I also like Jennifer Weiner and Jodi Picoult (gosh, I hope I'm spelling all their names correctly).
What do you enjoy reading?