Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 2

I dragged my butt out of bed this morning at 5:09, so I could hit the road by 6:00. I managed to be on the interstate by about 6:10, so I hauled ass up to Denver for my appointment at 7:45. It never fails to amaze me that I always get there early, no matter how close I think I'm cutting it. I was there by 7:30. I figured that was good so I could be back on the road soon as I had my acupuncture appointment at 10:00.

I go in, get my blood drawn, go upstairs and sign in. The receptionist tells me I have a balance due of almost $7,500! WTF???? I say that this is news to me. I mistakenly thought that since I have insurance, that they would bill the insurance carrier as we go along, the insurance would do their thing, and then I'd get an EOB stating how much I owe. Um, no, that's not how it works.

After a bit of arguing and tears (damn those tears), I got them to agree to only charge me (at this time) what my insurance out of pocket maximum is, which is $3,000. Thank God I had my credit card with me. So, red eyed, streaked face, I go in for my ultra sound, not really looking forward to it.

It was a breeze! My left ovary has never behaved so well! The tech said it was hanging right there, clear as day. That was a welcome change. It normally hides behind my uterus and is painful to find. My lining is nice and thin, they way they want it on day 2. My ovaries are cyst free. So that is good.

Now I'm just waiting for the call back to make sure my blood work is acceptable and that we can get started. I sure hope so, because while I was there, I went ahead and had the nurse mix my Saizen. Heck, if I knew it was going to be that easy, I could have done it myself. She had told me that it had to be mixed into a separate vial, which the pharmacy hadn't provided. All she did was take out 5 ml of the water and dump it out, then mix a little with the powder, and put it back in. Assuming I need to order my second vial, I'll know what to do with that one.

I ended up about 10 minutes late to my acupuncture appointment. When I first laid down, it was nice to relax, but after she inserted the needles, there was no more relaxing. I just couldn't settle down. I tried not to think too much about the money issue, as I didn't want to get upset again. I couldn't really do any visualizing. So I just played a lot with the pillow and the head rest. When she came to take the needles out, she said that three of the four in my ear had reacted, meaning that they bled. She said that my adrenals really reacted. I asked what adrenals were, and she said something to the effect that they help us to get healthier. To be honest, I really didn't get it, even after she explained it. The only thing I could think was that maybe it was the stress of the morning that caused them to react.

Now I just wait. I'll be carrying my cell phone with me where ever I go in the office this afternoon. Don't want to miss the call.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...