Earlier this week, I received correspondence from my old RE. At first, when I saw the envelope, I thought maybe they were sending me a bill for forwarding my records to the new RE. But, when I opened it up, I actually saw a certificate for 20% off my next IVF service with them.
Huh?
I then read their letter that said because of the downturn in the economy, and because I was such a valued patient, they were offering 20% off my next IVF! Oh, and it got sweeter too. For every person I referred to their clinic (who could actually use my certificate and get the 20% off as well), my discount would increase by 5%, up to a maximum of 40% off. Nice, except I'm not using them for my next IVF.
Then today, I read this interesting article about how the economy is effecting the fertility rates in the country. However, it did say that fertility clinics actually aren't seeing a downturn. I wonder why that is? Perhaps we've waited long enough and we are so determined to have a kid that we're not going to let something trivial like our 401(k) bottoming out to stop us from our lifelong dreams?
If you are a reader of mine located in the Colorado Springs or Albuquerque areas and would like to take advantage of this certificate, please leave me a comment. I'd be glad to give you this, so you can get 20% off your IVF services. If you're not sure who my RE was, I'll let you know.