I have been putting off posting since last Friday since this is my 100th post! I wanted to come up with some great dialogue befitting such an occasion.
Unfortunately, I can't think of a single thing that is going on with me that would be cause for celebration. Instead, let's talk about the Summer Games.
Wow! What a spectacular opening ceremony! I've never seen one quite so opulent. To think that all of those dancers and performers were in such unison. It was breath taking.
Of course, the games themselves have been great so far. I like most of the various sports, although I could do without the boxing and basketball. Last night while watching the swimming events I screamed my head off in support of Katie Hoff and the men's relay team! Both Katie's second place finish and the men's first place finish was only by hundredths of a second.
It goes without saying that I love gymnastics. But did you notice a few things about the Chine.se women's team? One - they did not look old enough to be participating. A couple of them looked only about 10-12 years old! Two - did you see the fear on the faces of those who made mistakes? Like they would face severe retribution when they got back to their training facilities or dorms. I felt so bad for them.
One of my favorite events is on tonight on the Oxy.gen channel, which is the equestrian cross country. I've always enjoyed watching horses jump the rails and such.
Have any of you other ladies found it to be quite unfair that the women's beach volleyball outfits are bikinis, but the men's outfits are full length shorts and t-shirts? I want to see the men play in their little Spe.edos!!!! I mean come on, what's good for the women should be good for the men as well!
What is your favorite Oly.mpic event?