Last night I dusted off my Redwing walking shoes, dug out my Walk Away The Pounds videos, rooted around in my closet for my stretchy band and hand weights, and went for a walk. In my living room. Cinnamon is used to seeing me do this, although it has been a while. Sugar, on the other hand, has never seen me do this. In fact, when I was putting my walking shoes on, she thought we were going for a walk and was right there trying to help me tie my shoes.
So, at 9:20 last evening, I walked. I wonder what my neighbors thought if they saw me through our sheer curtains. Hopefully they didn't see my tummy sticking out of my too short t-shirt (which I only wear at home).
Hubby thought I was crazy since I'm still suffering from this cold. But I figured why not, I'm only going for a short walk, not a marathon. It felt good. It reminded me that I have muscles that used to be pretty toned not too long ago.
I'm ready for a change. The change may be single faceted or multi-faceted, but it will happen. Last night wasn't much, but it was definitely a step in the right direction.