Sunday, June 8, 2008

Snowmass: Tears & Cheers

What a way to travel! The flight to Denver was a bit bumpy, but very short, and what a smooth landing! The ride to Aspen on a twin propeller plane was adventurous, a little bumpy when flying through a cloud, but not bad at all. My flight out of Colorado Springs left at 9:50 am and I was in Aspen at 12:02 pm.

I had just grabbed a breakfast burrito that my SIL had made that morning and was munching on it when my cell phone rang. It was Battle Axe from the REs. She asked me where I was and I told her I was in Snowmass already. She said what a way to travel (as my appointment had been at 7:30 Friday morning). So I'm all cheerful and ask how my numbers look. She said my estrogen numbers looked really good, they matched my ultrasound perfectly. I'm like great! then she said that my progesterone was too high. I've not had any experience with that before, so I asked her what that meant. She said that the lupron wasn't working, it let one of my follicles become dominant and it was holding back the other follicles. Therefore I was cancelled.

At this, I started to cry right away. She kept trying to tell me though that it was good news the way I was responding, it was just that they were going to have to change up my suppressant, by either having me take multiple doses of the lupron each day or use a different medication. I wanted to throw the phone, but I try to discipline myself so that I don't destroy my things when I'm angry or upset. I told her that I guessed I'd just call her when I start my next period. She said yes. I squeezed out thanks and good bye and hung up.

Hubby was there beside me, hugging me, asking what happened. I told him and he said it would be all right. We have to be patient. We'll find the right combination of medications. I guess I have to believe him, right?

After having a good little cry, explaining to my BIL what all of this meant, and then finishing my breakfast burrito, I finally decided that I was in God's beautiful country, and I was going to enjoy myself!

Friday's contest didn't result in our winning any prizes in the Chili Verde, Red Chili or Salsa categories. On Saturday though, Hubby won 3rd place in Chili Verde! Originally he had been announced as the 2nd place winner, but there was a "technical error" on the judges part (they don't know how to count up to 18), and he was bumped down to third place. But that's okay, he was still very happy to get a trophy that said "Snowmass Chili Festival, 3rd Place Chili Verde." It seems like when he has won or placed in past competitions, either they just give money (which is nice) and no actual prize (like a plate or plaque), or the prizes they hand out do not indicate what it was that he won.

It snowed last night and on the way home today over Vail and Loveland passes, although not enough today to slow down our driving. When we picked up our doggies, they were so happy to see us! We were glad to see them too as we missed them.

It's good to be home. Tomorrow I get to go clear my calendar at work of all my RE appointments for the month. I really hate doing that. Grrrr.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...