Sunday, May 18, 2008

When did you call your MIL Mom?

I've been married almost three years to Hubby. In all this time, I've always called his folks by their first names. I've always felt that it would be disrespectful to my mom if I called his mom "Mom." (My dad isn't in the picture so calling his dad wouldn't be too weird, but I won't call him Dad if I don't call her Mom.)

For Mother's Day, I signed what I thought was my mom's card with "Mom, thanks for all you've done for me over the years. Love, Tori." When I realized it was his mom's card I signed, I was like, oh well.

Today, I got my birthday card from FIL & MIL. It said "Love, Mom & Dad" and then over to the side "Sorry, Love (FIL's name) & (MIL's name)." So now I'm starting to feel a bit guilty for not calling them Mom and Dad.

I do get along well with them. I love them like second parents, in case anyone wonders.

When did all of you start calling your IL's by Mom & Dad? Or do you still call them by their first names?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...