Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shot #1 down, how many more to go??

I've got to tell you, I've been looking at the clock all day long, counting down until 7:30 when I'd give myself my first Lurpon shot. I wasn't worried about what to fix for lunch or dinner, or when I'd get to my brother's to check on his house while he is on vacation. Just how much longer until 7:30.

After dinner, I straightened up the kitchen, got out the Clor.ox wipes to wipe down the counter top where I'd be performing my procedure. The only thing I really didn't count on was the fact that I don't have a mirror in my kitchen, so I was walking back and forth to our living room where we do have a mirror, so I could wipe my belly with the alcohol swab, then go back to the kitchen for the syringe, then back to the mirror to give myself the shot. And did I mention that I had my shirt pulled up and my pants pulled down while doing this? It's a good thing my hips are big enough to keep my pants on! lol

I called out to my hubby trying to get him to come up before I did the shot so I could have him pray with me. After two unsuccessful attempts, I said "God, it looks like it's just you and me." So I went ahead and asked Him to steady my hand, help me to remember what I'm supposed to do, and let the medicine work as it should. I did it! I think I may have done it just a little harder than I needed to, that needle is tiny and very sharp. So next time I won't insert it quite so enthusiastically.

The spot where I gave the injection was a little pink afterward, and a tiny drop of blood did come to the surface, but that isn't unusual after I get shots. I put a tiny bandage on it, pulled my pants back up, pulled my shirt down, and cleaned up. I didn't complete the process in the 14 seconds that a web friend was able to do with her first shot, but still not too bad.

Now, I can go downstairs and watch a movie and relax. Even though I've not done much today, I've really not been able to relax. Here's to a nice evening and a good movie!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...