I have noticed something with the two IVF nurses at the practice I go to. If there is something good to impart, I get the phone call from Nurse Betty. If there is something not so good to share, then I get the phone call from Battle Axe. Hubby calls the second IVF nurse the battle axe, although she really is nice.
Yesterday afternoon, I had a voice message on my cell phone from Battle Axe that I am to up my Follistim dosage to 375 IU from 175 IU. Then she calls right back and says be prepared on Friday for the rescheduled trial transfer. I should come with a comfortably full bladder. Anyone have any tips on how to have a comfortably full bladder rather than just a bladder that’s telling you that you’ve got to pee?
Hubby and I decided we’d go to church last night so we had to start the process of the Repronex shot a little sooner, so I’d actually do the shot right at 7:00 rather than the 7:08 that it’s been. Plus I decided I’d give the Lupron shot early as well. Hubby actually tells me this time when he’s going to do it, pulls back the plunger like normal, no blood, so continues with the shot. When he went to remove the needle, blood spurted out and actually went up the needle! Kind of freaked us both out. I had a pretty big drop of blood on my butt and had to use a bandaid to cover it. That one was a bit sore, but not too bad. So far I really haven’t had a sore butt or knots in my butt after the shots, thank God!
This morning’s Follistim went much better than yesterday’s. I had to do two injections in my left arm as I ran out of medicine in the first cartridge. The second shot was less than 25 IU. If you look at my arm it looks like a vampire or snake might have bitten me as I placed the two shots within a half-inch of each other. No blood this time!
I had a killer headache again yesterday. Tylenol didn’t even phase it. I really don’t like headaches. Any tips for reducing or eliminating them? I’m drinking lots of fluids and upped my intake of protein. I can’t get a shot of peniscillan since Hubby has to do a sample on Friday, so that’s not an option (darn it! lol).
Thank God for insurance! I had to order additional Follistim because of my upped dosage. My copay was only $20 for a drug that would have cost just over $2,000. You know what was weird, when I called to reorder the med they just took my word for it that I needed additional meds. Now I don’t know if they called the doc’s office to verify, but they just said okay, we’ll ship it out tomorrow and you’ll have it on Friday.
I hope today is a good day. I have a meeting with one of our benefits committees and they tend to be PITAs. So far I haven’t been snarly or anything, so I hope that continues through today.
Oh, and since my scale isn’t working (I need to replace the battery), I instead am measuring my abdomen to see if I’m getting plump down there yet or not. So far I am the same size. We’ll see tomorrow on the u/s if my ovaries are growing. I hope so!