Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Follistim & A.I.

I did my first Follistim shot this morning. It was pretty easy. I gave the shot in my left shoulder. I used my forefinger to push the plunger down. It stung just slightly, but other than that, it wasn't bad.

Second Repronex shot tonight went well also. Hubby was a pickle and said on three and poked it in on one! I think he thinks it's helping for me not to know when he is going to give the shot, but I really would rather know.

Today I definitely felt small cramp-like flutters in my tummy. I guess I could say it's from being on my period, but my period cramps don't go away by themselves. It usually takes 3 ibuprofen to get them under control.

I decided that I'm not going to be able to wear my panty hose for very long as they are control top and I don't think I really should be trying to hold my tummy in for much longer.

I had and have a headache today. I popped a couple Tylenol this afternoon, and think I may take a couple more now. Not sure if it's due to the lupron or to the fact that I haven't had any caffeine at all today. Usually I have at least one soda, but decided yesterday that I wouldn't drink any during my stims. So who knows why I have the headache. But I am going to go to bed early tonight since I have lab work in the morning. Darn local Quest Diagnostics won't take my blood and make the results available same day to the doctor's, therefore I have to drive to Colorado Springs just for a blood draw.

I had some weird stabbing pains in my upper abdomen today. I won't get into the gory details of what I was doing when it happened, but I was in a sitting position bending forward some when I got these very sharp pains on my right side, below my boob (okay, it was closer to my waste, but you have to realize I have very big breasts so when I say below my boob, that's a ways down). It happened three times. The pain was sharp enough to make me cry out. It was right before lunch, and I had already drank a bottle of orange juice and three 16.9 oz bottles of water, so it could have been all the fluid in me. I really don't know, but I haven't had the pain since, even when I tried to replicate it this evening.

On a totally different subject, did you watch American Idol tonight? David Cook rocks!!!!!! And for once, I actually voted for Shiesha (however you spell it). The others all sucked. Come on Brooke White, one restart we can forgive, but two? Puh-lease! Jason Castro, we get that you are a luau singer. Move to Hawaii! David Archuletta, come back in a few years when you've grown up and can sing a song that isn't all depressing. Carly Smithson, I did not understand the words coming out of your mouth tonight. My call for the winner is David Cook by a long mile!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...