Monday, April 21, 2008

Drugs . . . This is Miss Tori on Drugs.

So, Repronex. Where shall I start? I'll describe my afternoon.

First, I got the call from Nurse Barbie at the REs that we are a go for starting stims tonight. This was both exciting and dreadful at the same time. I'm glad to get moving on the next step towards our baby, but I'm also just a tad bit reluctant to have Hubby sticking this really long needle in my butt, oh excuse me, upper quadrant of my hip. Yeah, it's my butt!

After work, I took my four prescription slips to my pharmacy to be filled. Now, that isn't four prescriptions, but four prescription slips. Three drugs on one, two on another, and one on each of the other two. The pharmacist gave me a look like I was trying to illegally obtain these medications. Uh, hello, yes I want ONE pill of pepcid - DUH!! Okay, the vicodin I can understand, but the rest?? But, when I told her what we're doing, she was like, Ohhhhh, okaaaaaay. She asked if I wanted them done tonight, and I told her no, I'd pick them up tomorrow. I don't need them now.

So, I go and pick up ingredients for dinner tonight. Hubby said he wanted steak, which fits into my more protein less carbohydrates directions from Nurse Betty. I must admit that I am going to have to read up on what all contains carbs. Does the corn and squash mixture have lots? What about the yam? I've got some homework to do. I also picked up some protein bars, so I can munch on them during the day.

I come home, start dinner on the grill, come in to the computer room to catch up on some of the ColoBlogs. Before I know it, Hubby is home, and I'm putting the steaks on the grill. Then I realized that it's almost 7 o'clock, time for the Repronex shot. I clean off the counter with the Clorox wipes, get out the syringe and needles (by the way, I don't have the 25 gauge needle like we practiced with today but a 22.5 gauge, so that's what I used), the two powders and one liquid. I take out the liquid and ask Hubby, okay, so now I change needles, and he says no, you have to mix it with the powder first. Thank God he was remembering this stuff! We get it all mixed up, change the needles to the smaller more tame looking needle, and proceed to the bedroom so I can expose my butt.

He swabs me down, and is ready to stick it in me when I say Wait! Be sure to hold on to my butt like she showed us. He asks "Okay, go on okay, or go on go (reference to Brothers & Sisters show last night when Robert gives Kitty her Follistim injection)." I laugh. Then I start praying that it goes well. As I'm praying and breathing in deep, he sticks me, which didn't hurt. Then he lifts a bit to check for blood, then pushes the plunger in. As he gets down to the end, he is pushing harder which actually causes the needle to push harder into my butt. Ouch! That hurt! Oops. He finishes up, takes the needle out, and no blood. Phew, that's over.

So, we hurry back out to the kitchen and outside to the grill to get the steaks off and finish heating up the green chili and corn left from lunch yesterday. His steak is a nice medium and mine is medium rare, which I'm not sure how, considering how long it took to do the shot. But I did have him go out and turn the grill down right before giving the shot. Dinner was good, but I kept having to get up to walk around a bit to get the muscle warm to help the medicine to dissipate. I can feel a little twinge every now and then at the sight, but not too bad.

Then, I'm cleaning up from dinner and I realized I forgot to give myself the lupron injection! Eek, I'm getting bad about remembering everything already. So I gave that shot 20 minutes late. What's weird is that it itched right afterward and turned my skin bright pink. Odd.

Oh, and the pharmacist called to verify when I'm finished taking the amoxycillan I'm on now, as the tetracycline interferes with it. I know I start the doxycyclene on Thursday, but I'm not sure about the tetracyclene. I figure Nurse Betty will let me know all this stuff closer to the time.

For those of you with experience with Repronex or similar meds, how long does it take before you start feeling stuff in your ovaries? I'm feeling stuff now, but to be honest, it could just be period related. I'm thinking it is probably too soon as it's only been just over an hour since the shot.

Wow, this got to be a long post. I'm trying to think of a catchy title. Hmmm, hmmmm.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...