Monday, April 21, 2008

Follistim & TV

Last night, the ABC television show, Brothers & Sisters, finally came back on after the writer’s strike. They had left off where the character Kitty had a miscarriage followed by a D&C. Now, three months later (okay, maybe five), she is doing IVF. Which I’m not saying she doesn’t need it, but that’s a fast trip between getting pregnant naturally and now needing IVF. She was learning how to do the injectible Follistim. I know, I know, it’s just television and why would we want to get into all the gory details of how she got to where she is now. But still, just to jump from one to the other???

Anyway, this morning I was having anxious dreams about starting the stimulants today. I’ve got to tell you, I don’t like being anxious! It is not something that I usually allow myself to be. But I felt that way when I woke up. Then we had our appointment today and Hubby learned how to do the Repronex shots. I hope he was really paying attention. I think what I will do is mix them myself, and just have him give me the shot. It looks like I’ll be able to do the Follistim myself in my arm. That one should be easy.

Oh, and my stim start may be pushed back. I didn’t get AF until today. When I was on BCPs back in the day when I needed them for birth control, I’d take my last active pill on a Saturday and usually not start my period until Wednesday. Well, it took a day longer than back then this time. So Nurse Betty thinks, although she won’t know until we get the blood work back, that we may have to delay stims by a day or two.

Since AF decided to make her appearance today, we didn’t do the trial transfer. A nice full bladder for nothing! That’s okay, we’ll do it either later this week or first of next week.

I did meet Nancy today at the RE’s! Just briefly. There was a decorating show on the TV and she was commenting about it and I recognized her voice from her cell’s voice message. I asked if she were Nancy and yes she was! We talked for a few minutes until she got called back. I’ve got to say, she is super nice!

That’s it for now. I’m sure I’ll post some more tonight.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...